AGM – 2021
QRRRWN is holding its Annual General Meeting on
Saturday, 30 January 2021 at 9:00 am – 10:30 am online.
AGM Information Pack
Register to attend
- This Annual General Meeting will be held via
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Both Financial Members and Observers are welcome to register, only current Financial Members will be able to cast their vote on the Constitution Changes, Board appointments and Fee changes (or any other vote that may be required).
2019 AGM Minutes
Election of 2020-2021 Office Bearers
- Get to know the New nominees and the current board members on our Proposed Board – 2021 webpage
Your Board has worked hard to revise, revamp and in general tidy up the constitution document to modernise and personalise it for QRRRWN and further to be in line with the Incorporated Associations Act’s major Amendment document passed by Parliament in June 2020. We successfully obtained some pro-bono legal advices to review our new draft, with only minor feedback and query.
We ask for your Yes vote to the changes in order that the new constitution can be implemented as soon the Chief Executive from the Office Fair Trading has put her signature to it (it can take a few months).
You will be able to vote during the AGM on the 30th January 2021.
For your consideration when reviewing the document the major material changes to the document are as follows:
- Membership classes – pages 4-5
- Added secretary information – pages 7-8
- Management Committee (Board): membership, structure and elections of – pages 8-10
Membership Categories and Fees:
- QRRRWN has not changed its membership structure for some years and with the changes to the
constitution which includes some slight membership category changes, we felt itwas a good
opportunity to review the fee structure. The fee changes for categories not in the current
document, ie Youth and Supporter, will come in effect once the constitution is approved. Other
fee structures will be implemented when passed at this meeting.
- As a financial member you will be asked to approve the motion during the AGM.
- View the Proposed Membership Categories and Fees.
- If you are unable to attend our AGM, and would like to cast your vote on the Constitution Changes, please download, complete and send your Proxy Form to Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday, 29th January 2021.
- Download the Proxy Form
Board Nominations 2021
We are delighted to inform you that the process to fill the roles in the Management Committee have been completed and we are very much looking forward to bringing you a strong and committed team for 2021.
The nomination information below for your reference.
Nominations closed and completed.
The Management Committee positions discussed below will be elected virtually in January and announced at the AGM.
Applications have been open since 9th December 2020 and have been
extended until 5:00pm, Saturday, 9th January 2021.
The Management Committee undertakes the governance and all operational work at QRRRWN with the support of volunteers. The operational work is significant and QRRRWN has only minimal part time operational support. The Management Committee will comprise 10 members. For 2021 there will be 5 continuing members, including the sitting President, Tracey Martin.
We are currently calling for applications for the following positions.
- Vice President
- Treasurer – to, inter alia, lead the finance/funding sub-committee. There is a bookkeeper and finance committee members to support an experienced Treasurer in this strategic role.
- IT, Digital Transformation & Operations
- Project & Event Management
Please contact the Secretary for an application pack at email@example.com for details of the specific skills needed, position description, time commitment required and other important details.
Interviews will conducted immediately after nominations close. Standard probity checks will be carried out.
Expenses are only partly reimbursed. Some face to face committee meetings are likely and other travel commitments and event attendance should be anticipated by applicants, but will be reasonable. Attendance at a full day induction and strategic planning is compulsory together with the committee development program that will be held from time to time. Access to IT systems to enable your role may incur an additional expense on your part.
Based on the needs of QRRRWN, current grant agreements in place, the strategic plan and the existing composition of the Management Committee, we are looking for committee members who, in addition to the requirements in the application pack, have a proven track record of leadership and who are able to demonstrate the following:
- leadership roles in business, government, philanthropy or not-for-profit sector
- a commitment to and understanding of QRRRWN’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- previous board and/or management committee experience
- sufficient time available for board duties (see the position description)
- strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals .
- personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of QRRRWN beneficiaries.