Terms and Conditions of Use – Online Directory Portal
This document is to be read in conjunction with our Website Disclaimer and Privacy Statements that are linked at the bottom of our Website.
Below is the summary of the terms, however we request you to please read the entire document carefully if you intend to use the website.
- Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women’s Network Inc (QRRRWN) owns and has copyright on the site and its contents.
- Your membership and access to this portal is at the discretion of QRRRWN.
- You agree to our member conduct policy and shall use the portal responsibly and only for lawful purposes.
- You agree that content you load on to the Platform is personally authored or that you have permission to share it.
- You agree to keep the information up to date.
- You grant the right to QRRRWN to publish, reproduce or make publicly accessible all component parts of the contents.
- QRRRWN has the right to moderate / delete any content posted on the portal.
- Information we collect about you is either voluntarily provided by you or has been provided by QRRRWN.
No warranties: QRRRWN or service provider make no warranties about the service or content posted on the platform and cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred based on information on the portal including links to other sites, and agree to defend and indemnify QRRRWN from any actions bought as a result of the used of a linked site.
For any inappropriate content, please contact:
Carrie Wilson, Scenic Rim Design (QRRRWN IT Administrator)
This website is owned and managed by QRRRWN and powered by Compass West Designs and Scenic Rim Design as a software-as-a-service platform (‘Service Provider’) a company based in Australia.
QRRRWN (’Operator’) represents on this site by way of logo, branding, images and data, which has an agreement with the Service Provider authorising the Service Provider to offer its proprietary networking and database management engine.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website. Your continued use of the Service indicates your acceptance of any amended User Agreement.
Description of Service
The Service is an online networking engine offered to enable Members to network personally and professionally with other members through Service Provider’s suite of tools and services.
The Service is a closed, private and trusted community only available to members approved by the QRRRWN only.
In addition, Members will be given the opportunity to search and message other Services provided by the Service Provider on an as-approved basis by both the Operator and individual member.
The Service is available to all members of QRRRWN. It is not available to any members suspended or removed from the system by the Service Provider or Operator for any reason. Members may not have more than one active account. Additionally, members are prohibited from selling, trading or otherwise transferring their Service account to another party. In addition to this the Operator may choose to define the minimum age limit for accessing and using the Service. If you do not qualify (as determined by the Operator) you may not use the Service.
Use of Service
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, account and internet connection. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account with or without your knowledge.
You agree to immediately notify QRRRWN or the Operator of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Both the Service Provider and Operator cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to company with this.
You are able to submit content to the platform, which will be published on the platform and visible to other platform users. In submitting contents to the Member Directory, the user assures that this is based essentially on personal considerations and objectives and that he/she personally authored it or has received permission for its usage.
The user grants the right to QRRRWN to publish, reproduce, and make publicly accessible all component parts of the contents (texts, image data, video data, audio and other data), providing the user’s name in so doing, and to otherwise disseminate such component parts both on the Platform and in any printed products that the host may prepare in the context of its idea challenge and/or in order to promote its activities.
The right is granted as a non-exclusive right that is unlimited in terms of its duration and its geographic extent. The user guarantees to the host that it holds all of the required rights to all component parts of the contents; this concerns in particular the personal rights of persons shown in any photographs or videos submitted. The user releases QRRRWN’s liability for any and all claims that third parties may raise vis-à-vis the host for any potential violation of their rights by the material submitted. This claim to be released from liability also covers the costs, which may need to be incurred in such context, of appropriately reviewing the matter and, should the case arise, of mounting a legal defence, unless the user is not responsible for the objection raised by the third party. The rights are granted at no charge.
- Requests by law enforcement of other government agencies;
- Unexpected technical issues of problems;
- Breach of QRRRWN Code of Conduct, either online or offline;
- Cessation of membership.
Termination of your Service account includes:
- Removal of access to all offerings within the Service
- Deletion of your password and related information, files and content
- Barring future use of the Service
Further, you agree that all terminations shall be made at Service Provider’s sole discretion and that the Service Provider shall not be liable for any losses incurred by the Member or third party as a result of the termination.
In the course of providing services, the Operator or Service Provider may need to communicate with you via email. You agree to receive emails that are specific to your account and necessary for the normal functioning of the Service.
- Your use of the Service
- Unauthorised access to or alteration of your communications with or through the Service
- Any business transactions that may arise between members from their use of the Service are the sole responsibility of the members involved.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that the service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that Service Provider and Operator do not assume any responsibility for prompt or proper delivery or retention of any member information or communications between members, Service Provider and Operator assume no responsibility for the accuracy or existence of any communications between members. Service Provider and Operator expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Service Provider and Operator make no warranty that:
- the Service will meet your requirements;
- the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free;
- the results that may be obtained from use of the Service will be accurate or reliable;
- the quality of ay products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained through the service will meet your expectations; or
- any errors in the software will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your comp0uter system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.