Your Health & Wellbeing
Our Health & Wellbeing is central to each of us reaching our potential and achieving our goals, whether those goals are within our families, communities, business or other pursuits. We know that supporting women with their health and wellbeing is essential to empowering our members to reach their potential.
One of QRRRWN’s objectives is ‘To empower rural, regional and remote women and their communities through the encouragement of personal development and education.’
The goals set by the Board in 2020 seek to achieve the above objective and Key Goal #4:
4. Develop our member value proposition to meet member needs.
Why focus on Health & Wellbeing?
We have continued to hear from our members that they need support in a variety of ways to maintain their health and wellbeing. We are also acutely aware of the unique and difficult pressures that affect rural, regional and remote women from the impacts of drought, severe weather events, isolation, lack of services in many areas. Many of our members play many roles including supporting their family members, working in family businesses, operating their own businesses and playing key roles in their communities – sometimes all at the same time.
We understand the essential role that women play in rural, regional and remote Queensland for their families, the community and the economy. We want to help to look after you. It is our goal to deliver support through lifting you up, sharing knowledge and enabling you to be a member of a group of vibrant and strong women who are familiar with living in RRR Queensland.
Some of the ways QRRRWN delivers training and leadership in the area of Health & Wellbeing to its members has included:
- Key events where workshops and key note speakers present e.g. State Conference
- Workshops and training sessions conducted in rural, regional and remote areas
- Webinar program and library on Health & Wellbeing topics
- Our Member Resources page
- Identifying and communicating with members about educational opportunities that may be near them
- Collaborating with other organisations to deliver educational opportunities that will benefit and support our members
- Securing discounts for members to educational events
- Promoting the Health & Wellbeing interests of QRRRWN members to funding bodies and government.
What role does Networking play?
Combining the QRRRWN Health & Wellbeing Program with building your own contacts within the QRRRWN Network and becoming involved, exposes you to: positive and inspiring role models, you will hear ‘Stories from the Network’ regularly, you will meet a vibrant network of women and share knowledge. We hope that these features of QRRRWN will also inspire you to achieve Health & Wellbeing.
Program Schedule – What’s on?
We will release in early March our schedule for the members’ ‘Health & Wellbeing Program’ for 2020’ and details of monthly themes.