FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Who is eligible to apply for the program?
We use the government definition for RRR communities. You must be a
- woman and have lived in one of the RRR communities for a minimum of 2 years. Please see this LINK for information.
- a member of QRRRWN – Not a member? Join now!
We are seeking applications from a wide range of professions, generations (18+), abilities, cultures and geographical distribution. In addition we are looking for a range of personal experience, leadership potential and personal attributes amongst our participants.
Women with a demonstrated interest in building themselves, their communities, their businesses and developing leadership skills are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should have the ability to commit the required time and energy to the program and to engage as an active learner.
Q: Which cohort should I apply for?
Based on your desired outcomes, experiences and must-haves, we recommend you apply for a targeted cohort – Activate, Accelerate or Elevate. This will:
- ensure program content is targeted and relevant to participants
- enable women with similar goals and aspirations to come together to learn from and with one another
- ensure the RRR Women experts involved in the program are aligned with participant-needs
- allow core content to be adapted year-to-year so it addresses the specific challenges and needs of each group
Q: How is the RRR Women Embracing Leadership Program delivered?
Q: What is the selection process?
- Applications open on Monday, 8th November 2021
- Complete the online application form by close of business 6th December 2021
- After applications close, we shortlist our applicants and contact you to attend an online interview in December 2021.
- Once all interviews are conducted, the selection panel will inform you of their decision by January 2022.
- Details of the program will be provided upon acceptance.
Q: What is your investment?
This program is provided FREE OF CHARGE, and to a maximum of $700 per person for travel and accommodation expenses.
RRR Women is a Not-For-Profit organisation that operates on the generosity of our funding and community sponsors and partners. The lucky program participants will undertake a unique learning journey valued at $10,000 per person.
Q: Where will the face to face workshops of each cohort be held?
Our 2022 cohort will be held in central Queensland in Rockhampton. The following cohorts will be held in the Far North and South West, specific location to be determined.
Q: How do I graduate from the program?
We require a minimum 85% attendance rate or better, by all participants. This includes attendance at two overnight retreats, online workshops, mentoring & key topic sessions.
Q: What happens to my face to face workshop if COVID prevents it going ahead?
- We will switch to e-facilitation to ensure the 8 month program can be continued. We would likely shorten the days and ‘chunk’ the online sessions to ensure plenty of breaks. Hopefully this won’t happen as we’ve had very few impacts on Queensland programs.
Q: What happens to my participation if for unseen circumstances, I have to withdraw part way through the program?
- We will look at this on a case by case basis and will depend on what stage of the program the withdrawal occurs.
Q: Can I do more than 1 cohort?
- No. We are wanting to share the development opportunity to as many RRR women as possible.
Q: Can I apply again if I’m unsuccessful?
- Yes. We will call for nominations each year.
Q: Who is Actrua?
- Actrua is our program partner. They are co-designing & delivering the program with oversight from the QRRRWN board. They are a specialised and skilled training and leadership development organisation and have delivered many programs in RRR areas of Australia and overseas. QRRRWN board entered into lengthy communications with Actrua after assessments of multiple organisations, to ensure best fit and expertise in what we planned to do. They are especially excited to be partnering with us on this journey. See https://actrua.com.au/
CAN YOU COMMITT TO THIS PROGRAM OVER 8 MONTHS TO COMPLETE THE RRR WOMEN LEADERSHIP INCUBATOR JOURNEY OF SELF-DISCOVERY AND INSIGHT?