Relationships make QRRRWN Successful
We are incredibly grateful for our existing sponsors, grants and partners that enable us to support rural, regional and remote women. Some sponsors and funders support key events, provide bursaries for members to attend our annual conference, fund our education programs and enable us to run our flagship events of Conference and Ekka High Tea.
We operate in an ever changing environment are are always looking to further build our relationships with those who are interested in supporting rural, regional and remote women. There are many ways to support our work, including through donating directly.
Our Youth Program & Mentoring is made possible by the Office of Women and the Queensland Government.
In 2019 and 2020 our Annual Conference and the Strong Women in Leadership Awards are supported by:
- the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal;
- Office of Women and the Queensland Government through their support of both the SWLA Awards and bursaries and the Youth Program which is conducted at the conference;
- Westpac who sponsors the Breakfast and attendance of its keynote speaker; and
- Panda Pearls generously supports our Annual Conference and SWLA by donating gifts for speakers, prizes for awardees and raffles.
We are also fortunate to have received funding for our programs from a range of other sources including the Financial Planning Association and local sponsors where events are held
Future Strategy & Sustainability
QRRWN is run and managed by volunteers, with two part-time administrative and operational support staff. The 2020 Board has a Sponsorship Team led by Jess Goldie that is exploring and managing our sponsorship and corporate partnership program.
Our President, Tracey Martin is responsible for our Growth & Partnerships Portfolio.
The strategy for 2020 to support QRRRWN’s Future Strategy and ensure its sustainability includes:
- Setting 4 Goals in early 2020
- Releasing a Strategic Plan and 2020 Program
- Establish an active grant writing and funding team which is led by Gail Russel
- Establish our Sponsorship Team early in 2020 and address our key events, develop our communication strategy for sponsors and partners
- Set our Strategic Planning Process for the remainder of 2020, which is led by Jess Goldie
- Identify key partnerships with similar organisations to ensure that we meet member needs either directly or through collaborations. We are please to advise that we have collaborated with Zonta Club and Zonta E-Club for International Women’s Day 2020.
- Develop a Sponsorship & Partnerships action plan and develop a range of touch points where people, corporations and other associations can become involved in the work of QRRRWN in a supportive way.