AWARD PROGRAM STREAMS
The categories are broken into three streams:-
1. QRRRWN Woman of the Year
This award celebrates the achievements of women who have made significant contributions to high priority issues in Queensland. Nominations are welcome for this major award, but can also be accepted from and at the discretion of the judging panels of the other six awards.
2. RRR Awards
There are six opportunities for nominations to celebrate inspiring women in business, leadership, volunteering and storytelling. See below for details.
3. Young Women’s Leadership stream
This category is dedicated for young RRR Women aged 16-25 years and entrants must fit the age criteria of the awards.
AWARD PROGRAM CATEGORIES
QRRRWN Woman of the Year
- QRRRWN Woman of the Year 2020
- QRRRWN Small Business Owner of the Year 2020
- QRRRWN Influential Leader Award 2020
This award recognises a woman who by her leadership, has knowingly influenced significant change to:
- Improve service (s) to RRR women;
- Improved outcomes for women and their communities or the rural industry;
This woman is leading significant contribution to policy, programs or services that have promoted, supported or improved services for RRR women in a high priority area.
- QRRRWN Volunteer of the Year 2020
This award celebrates an exceptional volunteer in a non-paid position who continually supports or promotes the needs of people in RRR communities. The Volunteer of the Year has integrity, the ability to continuously learn and problem solve for positive impact of the group, community or sector to which they contribute their time and energy. This woman is:
- Able to take the initiative to enable shared outcomes
- Able to work within a volunteer framework/team(s)
- QRRRWN Story Teller of the Year 2020
This award celebrates a person who has, through their story telling promoted RRR areas and/or RRR women. Nominees may include women whose narrative is told through writing, song, dance, journalism or another art form who ‘tells a story’ promoting RRR women this woman is:
- Able to observe detail and nuance to ensure authenticity of the stories they share.
- Competent in research to ensure accuracy.
- Empathetic when gathering information.
- Able to connect with diverse audiences, evoking emotion through their chosen medium.
- QRRRWN Inspirational Woman 2020
Young Women’s Leadership Award:
- QRRRWN Young Woman with a Vision 2020
HOW DO I NOMINATE MYSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE?
Firstly, check below to ensure the nominee is eligible for the Awards program. The Nomination form will guide you through the process, and direct you, whether you are self-nominating or nominating someone else. The form will be published at the time of the annual launch.
Every entrant in the Awards program MUST be:
- Active in their profession/career/business/community work in the rural, regional and/or remote sector of Queensland at least 80 per cent of their work and/or volunteer time .
- A resident of Queensland
- An individual financial member of QRRRWN at the time they lodge their Award entry documentation*. To join QRRRWN go to www.qrrrwn.org.au.
*Entrants can join QRRRWN after they have been nominated for the Award and PRIOR to submitting their final Awards Entry documentation.
NOTE: An entrant is NOT eligible if they are employed, or contracted to work in any capacity for QRRRWN at any time during the award application year.
To enquire directly about the awards process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
For all other QRRRWN enquiries, please phone QRRRWN’s ESO on 1300 795 571 or email ESO during business hours.